Re: [MiNT] Test program for shel_write(SWM_LAUNCH, ...)

On Sunday 20 October 2013 18:54:05 Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Jean-François Lemaire, 20.10.2013 18:11:17:
> >> is the caller and so things go wrong. I'm not sure if the path should
> >> always be restored to the caller's home-path
> >
> > It seems to me that the launched application should have it's working
> > directory set to its own path. If not, many applications will break when
> > launched via shel_write().
>
> I'm talking about the cwd of the caller. During the launch-process it
> might be changed (to the one of the client or whatever), and thus the
> caller might get confused. I guess the cwd should always be reset to the
> home of the caller, not only if it's XaAES (how it is now), but I'll wait
> for your next issue ;-)

My next issue is that we don't seem to be talking about the same thing :-) I
see no reason for the CWD of the caller to be changed by the AES but I see a
good reason for the /callee/ to have its CWD set to a sensible path, which in
my mind is its own path and nothing else. This is exactly what TOSHYP says, by
the way: "The default directory [of the program to be launched] will be chosen
as the directory that contains the program to be launched". This is not
particularly well written but I think the meaning is clear.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire