Re: [MiNT] Test program for shel_write(SWM_LAUNCH, ...)

On Sunday 20 October 2013 20:35:21 Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> That was not happening in XaAES, only the caller's cwd got changed (to
> XaAES-home, under the wrong assumption that XaAES would be the caller).
> During the launch-process the caller changes into whatever (most likely
> the child's location) directory (as parent), spawns the child, and should
> retain it's (the parent's) original directory afterwards. The latter might
> still be wrong as it is only done for XaAES. You could place your
> "swcallee" in some other directory and see how it works with the new XaAES.
>
> Should the client's home-dir be wrong than there might still be something
> I've not seen yet.

It's much better with the change in your branch but I still observe strange
differences which seem to depend on whether the programs are on a ext2
partition or a GEMDOS one. I'll look into this more when I have more time.

Thanks, Helmut, for being so quick to react. It's really appreciated.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire