Re: [MiNT] Menu behaviour: difference between 'pull' and 'push'?

On Wednesday 21 December 2011 22:34:30 Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> > As the title suggests, I don't notice any difference between the 'pull'
> > and
> > 'push' options of the menu settings.
>
> 'push' means you have to click on the menubar to open a menu, 'pull' is
> the standard-behaviour. It works here on aranym.

No, for me 'leave' gives me the standard GEM behaviour (no need to click to
open the menu). 'push' and 'pull' seem to behave exactly the same (need to
click to open the menu, then click again to select the menu item).

> > Also, I noticed that it is impossible now to click a menu title, hold
> > the
> > mouse button down, and release the button on the menu item. One has to
> > click
> > to open the menu, then click a second time to select the menu item. The
> > same
> > goes for menus in windows. I find this feature particularly irritating.
>
> 'push': You click on the menubar, menu opens, move mouse over the menu and
> click again on the item to select.
> 'pull' Same without the first click.

Does not work for me like this at all with XaAES 1.1.24 Beta. See above.

> I think this is ok, and can not think of another solution.

It would probably be if it worked ;-)

> > Personally, I've always prefered the 'leave' standard GEM behaviour, but
> > it
>
> 'leave' = 'pull'

Why is there three options in xaaes.cnf if 2 of them are the same? Quote:
"<string> can be 'pull', 'push' or 'leave'"

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire