Re: [MiNT] Multiple cnf files.

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 11:33 AM, Christos Tziotzis <ctziotzis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, seems like xboot can do what I want! Thanks for pointing it out Jo
> Even! I should have RTFM ;)
>
> m0n0: I thought your boot manager was coldfire only. Anyway, about the
> script functionality, it's not a bad idea, my first thought would have been
> a change in MiNT so that you can add a simple if:
>
> "if cpuid=030 then do this else do this"
>
> I am not even sure most users actually need something like that. I only
> wanted it so I can load less eyecandy on 030 so it would be faster. I never
> needed anything more than the most basic functionality of xboot or even
> less, ctrl and shift were enough most of the time.
>
> Thanks for all your help.

Both MiNT and XaAES can include other config files, so place items
that dont change between versions (or that specific version of MiNT)
in ../blah.cnf (which will be C:\mint\blah.cnf by default)

I use this technique for a debug build of MiNT

I also use it in XaAES to load a current.cnf which is either a copy
of, or a link to, the current theme specific settings file I wanna use

there should still be an include example in both mint.cnf and xaaes.cnf

although it is after mint boot, you can also use bash/shell to script
certain level of changes, which is mostly useful for anything "auto"
or GEM= (or INIT=) (like running a clean debug of xaaes)

if those were combined with boot time scripting (as xboot and others
can do) you can boot MiNT, AES, themes and AES auto-start willie
nillie (as you need)

Paul