Re: [MiNT] crash of MiNT 1.17.0 if started from auto folder under Aranym

Hi Vincent,

> When there is no MINT.INI in the MiNT directory, and when there is no
> BootstrapArgs variable in the ARAnyM config file, mintara.prg enables the
> MMU usage and it fails miserably because aranym-jit does not support MMU
> usage. This is a headache for newcomers.
>
> When using the Bootstrap feature of ARAnyM, the solution is to use
> BootstrapArgs = MEM_PROT=NO
>
> When using mintara.prg in the AUTO folder, the solution is to go to the MiNT
> menu by pressing Shift at boot, disable memory protection and save the
> settings (in MINT.INI).

Thank you for the explanation. This will get some ideas of the newest
features.

> In any case, FreeMiNT should detect this situation, avoid crashing and
> display a useful message for the user.

But would set the default for mintara.prg to "no memory protection" a
better default? I someone who sould like to have memory protection,
should setup something different from the default, he can als enable
memory protection for the MiNT kernel. But this will avoid such
crashes like i had.

Best regards
Michael