Re: [MiNT] Hotkeys (Was: Re: Background)

Jo Even Skarstein píše v Tue 20. 09. 2011 v 08:12 +0200:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:52:07 +0200, Jean-François Lemaire
> <jflemaire@skynet.be> wrote:
>
> > Don't remind me of this! I *loved* this feature back when I was using
> > NAES. I
> > would give my left kidney to have this in XaAES.
>
> I'll keep this in mind in case I need a new kidney ;) Anyway, there's
> nothing N.AES-specific about this feature. It will work under XaAES too if
> I enable it. You'll need to run Clocky to capture the hotkey though, and
> this is the part I'm not very fond of as it did not work well on my Milan.

I haven't been reading MiNT list for a long time but Honza has just told
me about this thread so I am jumping here to answer couple of things:

1) if ARAnyM doesn't support the Win/Meta key yet it will in next
release because it already supports Eiffel codes for other keys so
there's no problem adding support for this modifier there as well.

2) I used to have Milan specific version of Clocky when I was developing
it actively so if the standard 3.0 didn't work for you you could have
tried the 3.1.x :-)

3) I believe MiNT + XaAES should incorporate the Clocky's hotkeys
functionality - MiNT kernel already has its own keyboard driver and
XaAES could create the necessary GUI around it. At first even primitive
starting of applications on hotkey press would help - a dialog like in
GNOME where you can press almost any hotkey combination and assign an
app to it. I can imagine that already running applications (like
TaskBar) wouldn't be started second time but a message would be
delivered to them so they could pop up and react accordingly...

Petr