Re: [MiNT] on Mega ST

Hi Paul,

> ok, software.. get a kernel archive from freemint.org (1.17 or other,
> prob. helmut)
> then grab the "mintupgr.sh" script (prev thread or dl here)
> http://paulwratt.000space.com/pauls/atarist/scripts.php

ok, it has changed a little bit. I have only old links to the SparMiNT
sites which are now outdated.

> ... I may do a .BAT script if there is a need for one..

No need. I can choose between XP with cygwin, linux, Mint98 system
(Ulrix, BSD, MacOS) so there is no need to switch to DOS batch. And
i have more than 20 years experience as a software engineer, mainly
on embedded systems, some running linux. So can do it myself.

> In the meantime I think the hardest parts are setting up to boot from
> HD & getting archive files to the target machine:

It was not the hardest but the most time consuming part. Copy all
files to floppy disks and then to the mega st take some time.

It is not the first MiNT environment which i set up. But my other
system was based on a older distribution.

> Before you get MiNT running you will need:
> an hd driver (might be system specifc)

hddriver was still present. The HD was bootable.

Now i have finished to copy the base (MiNT kernel, drivers and XAAES)
to the Mega ST and it is late enough to go to bed. I will continue
tomorrow with the cnf files (i can look on my TT for examples) and
then for some additional tools.

> That should get you going, with enough bits and pieces to be able
> to do most things, and answer most questions you have..

I think, there are not much questions. Most of the tools ar common for
me because i have them on my TT and on my Aranym environment. I am not
a Atari beginner, i started with Atari computer at the end of 1987.
And i was so crazy to run the MiNT98 enviromnet on a 1040STF with 4 MB
RAM. I was also the one who recompiled and converted TOS.HYP to UDO
after the original author decided not to continue this hypertext. My
conversion was used as a base for the extensions Gerhard Stoll has
made.

I come back if the MiNT system will run on the Mega ST.

Best regards
Michael