Re: [MiNT] Install script

first a bug fix:

aranym should be:

 "ara")
   echo Aranym
   KERNEL=mintara.prg
   XAAES=xaaes040.km
 ;;

most import (for aranym at least) is the correct drivers, as some
devices will cause a crash

I expect most other platforms dont use either hostfs.xfs or aranym.xfs

here is the full list of drivers for aranym:
aranym.xfs
dsp56k.xdd
dummy.xdd
dummy.xfs
ext2.xfs
hostfs.xfs
inet4.xdd
lp.xdd
minix.xfs
nfeth.xif
nfstderr.xdd
nfs.xfs
xconout2.xdd

if your script is just for self build, drivers will not be an issue.

when build folder structures are changed, only correct drivers should
be present anyway

---------------

second:

for platform try something like:

PLATFORM=`cat /kern/cookiejar ¦ grep _MCH`

50000 is for ARAnyM
30000 is for falcon with 030

there should be specific one for FireBee too

maybe check toshy for complete list (I did see one somewhere in the
last week or so)

---------------

third:

your script contains "install_1-17-$MON"

you dont need " marks when setting your paths
SRCF=$1
TGTF=/tmp/$SRCF
ROOTD=/c/mint
COPYD=/tmp

re-use variables you have already defined:
tar -jvxf ~/$1 ==> tar -jvxf ~/$SRCF

-------------

some people use sh, instead of bash, so verify your scripting.
ie anything for sh should work for bash
I think both binaries are installed on EasyMiNT setups

if you create a small zip containing correct binaries, you could run
this script on machines without mint already installed, check easymint
package for a sh.ttp, and it would make sense to add any other
binaries that are platform specifc, ie clocky, fvdi, zmagxsnd, etc

I dont mind helping out with testing, but I only have ARAnyM/AFROS atm

I'll have a look into getting a useful value _MCH cookie

Cheers

Paul