Re: [MiNT] Coldfire-build

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 19:42 +0100, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> > Btw I can confirm that FATFS and VFAT is working fine on the
> > compactflash-card :)
>
> I confirm it does not work for me.
> When I build a kernel with TOSFS enabled (by default for ColdFire) and I
> enable NewFatFS in mint.cnf, the file mint.cnf itself is correctly loaded,
> but afterwards the /c drive disappears.

I have been able to reproduce a similar problem. If I use a CF-card
partitioned into two 1Gb FAT16 MSDOS partitions, all files except those
in the root folder of C disappears. So there is a problem, most likely
related to XHDI.

> Also, the "update" thread quickly crashes. However, I still can use MiS.

This does not happen here.

> Maybe there is a problem with my self-built kernel, my mint.cnf, or the way
> I have formatted my CompactFlash card...
> Anyway, it is a real pain to debug that, there is so much causes of trouble,
> including CPU emulation... I'm not in the mood of going further.

Then you should take a well deserved break :)

Jo Even