Re: [MiNT] Coldfire-build

On Mon, 2011-03-14 at 00:38 +0100, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> 1) Idle bug fixed. You can run MiS as well as MyAES.

And XaAES too :) I only had a couple of minutes to test this morning, so
I just replaced the kernel with yours and booted. XaAES starts up and
starts the desktop. I started Aniplayer and it apparently works. I will
test a lot more this evening.

> 2) NewFatFS disabled, TOSFS enabled. This is the default for ColdFire builds
> (so I doublt NewFatFS was really enabled in your previous tests).

Is FATFS disabled, or is just TOSFS enabled? MiNT will use TOSFS by
default if it's enabled. I tested with and without NEWFATFS= and it made
a difference. With TOSFS the SD-card was accessible, with NEWFATFS it
wasn't. The C-partition was accessible in both cases.

> Olivier/Didier did that because of conflicts with the FireTOS ramdisk.

That RAM-disk should be possible to disable, along with the
STiK-interface.

> 3) I have also uploaded my ext2.xfs for ColdFire. It loads, but I don't know
> if it works. I see a D: drive, but it is empty. It is probably the FireTOS
> ramdisk.

If FATFS doesn't work then ext2 won't work either. They are using the
same block-IO interface.

Your D is the FireTOS RAM-disk.

> 6) I didn't manage to run GEM=ROM. Something crashes during startup, maybe
> some accessory. I should do more tests.

Most likely. GEM=ROM works brilliantly here.

> That's all for today.

Very good results :) My Firebee has just been transformed into something
usable.

Jo Even