Re: [MiNT] [ANNOUNCE] FreeMiNT 1.17.0 Released !

Am 22.01.2011, 12:39 Uhr, schrieb Bohdan Milar <bohdan@milar.name>:

How did you install fVDI on a TT? Which graphics is this? Can I use it too?

Anyone can use it!
I have no graphics card in my TT, just the on-board VGA output.

ATM I have an ET4000-graphics, so I guess I'll need NVDI in any case, but maybe fVDI would run additionally.

Without the card, I would prefer TT-High, but the ECl-monitors become rare.

The resolution (defined in NVRAM) is TT-middle (16 colours).

I use these files:

/c/auto/fvdi.prg = http://www.klockars.net/ftp/fVDI/fvdi.prg
(it is run as the last one from the auto directory)

/c/gemsys/bitplane.sys = http://www.klockars.net/ftp/fVDI/bitplane.sys

/c/gemsys/*.fnt
(bitmap fonts, listed in fvdi.sys incl. the system fonts - "s" at the beginning of line)

/c/gemsys/ttf/*.ttf
(vector fonts, I use the 3 DeJaVu fonts from AFROS)

/c/fvdi.sys

I attache the fvdi.sys I use. You have just to change the names of bitmap fonts near the end of it. For example you can use ISO-8859-1 fonts I have sent to this list on 2011-01-18 02:11 (originally from KGMD).

Maybe I'll experiment a little with this. Thanks.

May be you will not be satisfied with the result.
There are some problems which I am going to describe in another mail.

You mean using proportional fonts in XaAES? This is known.

But I have to use it because of the system font and the ability to run VDI dependent apps (HighWire etc.)
(NVDI is proprietary and dead!)

And fVDI starts to cough already!

--
Helmut Karlowski