Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/xaaes/src.km

On 1/8/11 7:59 AM, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

On lauantai 08 tammikuu 2011, Peter Slegg wrote:
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 13:13:08 , Eero Tamminen<oak@helsinkinet.fi>  wrote:
I have had this situation at work. IIRC

Rename your local copy.
Check out the file again
+ Diff to make sure you're not overwriting changes from the repo.

Delete it
Rename your local version to the original name.

I think that works.
(It's really annoying if people overwrite repo modifications with their
older versions without checking things properly first and these get
noticed only much later, after long debugging sessions...)
I think he said there were no changes other than his own.
I've had several times needed to fix other's commits in other projects
because they assume&  do stuff like this.

"Check out the file again" means that there *can* be changes done
&  commited to the repository in the meanwhile.  Always diffing&  reviewing
the changes before commit is good practice, then you don't forget it.

	- Eero
Maybe we should convert to subversion? I'm pretty sure subversion would realize that there were changes and yell at you.

Thanks,
Mark