Re: [MiNT] XaAES multi-language help needed

On Thu, 9 Jan 2011 18:27:12 , Lars Schmidbauer <latzmaster@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> to all the MiNT/XaAES-users in France, Spain, Italy, Suisse or somewhere else in the world:
>
> We need your help for the planned multi-language support for XaAES (automatic and/or selectable).
> I have to prepare the resource-file so that all menus, buttons, boxes... are big enough for the
> different languages but i have no idea about the length of spanish or italian words and only poor
> knowledge in french computer-language.

Back in 1990 I worked on a project that was to be shipped the USSR and
had to work in Russian Cyrillic alphabet. It was reckoned to be 25%
longer than English.

It's a lot extra space to add into everything and tends to look horrible.
I don't know of a nice solution.

Peter