Re: [MiNT] 1.17 release

Am 13.09.2010, 22:31 Uhr, schrieb Mariusz Buras <mariusz.buras@gmail.com>:

No, we're not talking about CTPCI here. Me and Paweł have removed our CTPCI
hardware some time ago. We're testing on ct60 only falcons.
The latest version of 1.17 just wouldn't shut down without crashing. This
fact was repeatedly posted here, but maybe it was thought that it was CTPCI
related, hence ignored ?

Nothing is ignored, but without further information any bug-report is useless. What apps were running during shutdown? How did you shutdown (taskmanager/other)? Did you terminate all apps before the shutdown? Is there a message from MiNT? Does MiNT crash or one of the terminated processes?

I have an idea since quite some time but I don't get any information on that issue. Just "It crashes". Well, great.

I could reproduce a crash on aranym when I had top running in a toswin-shell, and shut down using the taskmanager while top was still running, but I cannot reproduce it anymore.

--
Helmut Karlowski