Re: [MiNT] 1.17 release

No, we're not talking about CTPCI here. Me and Paweł have removed our CTPCI hardware some time ago. We're testing on ct60 only falcons.
The latest version of 1.17 just wouldn't shut down without crashing. This fact was repeatedly posted here, but maybe it was thought that it was CTPCI related, hence ignored ?

Greetings/Pozdrawiam,
M.Buras

On 13 September 2010 20:22, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
Am 13.09.2010, 20:13 Uhr, schrieb Paweł Góralski <nokturnal@nokturnal.pl>:

 > ap. Or wait 'till end of days when the CTPCI-users have fixed
 > their computers.

Fixed their computers you say? Then explain to me why the 1.16 kernel runs flawlessly on the same machine? For me 1.17 kernel is a disaster it can't even close itself cleanly without hang up.

 > Development is slowed down when there is no official
 > version (which would be current trunk).
This statement is pretty silly. Something works or not. If you want to build upon something that will fall down on you in the future and is untested then my congratulations. Marking current trunk as official will not magically cure it.

I wouldn't mind dropping CTPCI-support for this release.

XaAES even can be run from the emutos-desktop (with a tiny patch though). When 1.16 works on CTPCI you're lucky - use that one or help us to trace things.

Best would be if someone with that not working hardware would debug the code.

--
Helmut Karlowski