Re: [MiNT] 1.17 release

> ap. Or wait 'till end of days when the CTPCI-users have fixed
> their computers.

Fixed their computers you say? Then explain to me why the 1.16 kernel runs flawlessly on the same machine? For me 1.17 kernel is a disaster it can't even close itself cleanly without hang up.

> Development is slowed down when there is no official
> version (which would be current trunk).
This statement is pretty silly. Something works or not. If you want to build upon something that will fall down on you in the future and is untested then my congratulations. Marking current trunk as official will not magically cure it.

Regards,
PG

e-mail: pawel.goralski@nokturnal.pl
WWW: http://nokturnal.pl

W dniu 2010-09-13 19:27, Helmut Karlowski pisze:
Alan Hourihane wrote:

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 12:13 +0200, Peter Slegg wrote:
What is happening with the planned release ?

I am only aware of 1 minor bug at the moment, the non-topping
of windows that seems to mostly affect Toswin2 and Thing.

I guess documentation.

Until people are happy with that, I got the feeling people didn't want
to release.

I'd say do a release asap. Or wait 'till end of days when the CTPCI-users have fixed
their computers. Development is slowed down when there is no official
version (which would be current trunk).

We are long overdue!

-Helmut

.