Re: [MiNT] Announce of an early netsurf framebuffer alpha / polipo proxy rpm

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 7:48 AM, m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, den 04.08.2010, 23:17 +0200 schrieb "m0n0"
> <ole@monochrom.net>:
>
>> About the webpage Form elements:
>> Maybe the dynamic forms engine ( an addition to winDom ) is good for
> this
>> purpose, but that is just a guess. Another approach would be an resource
>> tree that contains all the needed Web Form elements. Then, no matter
> from
>> where the Form element definition came, draw it with objc_draw...
>> Another approach would be to look how highwire has done that stuff :)
>
> It seems I was wrong about this... Web Forms seem to be implemented
> without port specific code.
> The code that I looked at was probably just for GUI items used for the
> framebuffer GUI..., not the Webpage "GUI".

I believe it is possible to "redraw" an AES object with new
parameters, which would allow for the dynamic nature of webpage/css
(and JS). I have no idea if this is possible with Windom, however the
library is very flexible, and well written.

The idea of using a resource tree sounds good, I will be interested to
see your tests with it.

Paul