Re: [MiNT] Announce of an early netsurf framebuffer alpha / polipo proxy rpm

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:48:52 , "m0n0" <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Mi, 4.08.2010, 16:11 schrieb Peter Slegg:
> > Isn't it ironic that we have Links which has terrible CSS support
> > but has Javascript and Netsurf, which renders pages very well but
> > has no Javascript.
>
> Yes, it's really a somewhat weird situation...
> JavaScript is planed to be in version 5.0 ... seems like a long way down
> the road ;) but dynamic CSS properties/events shall be fully implemented
> with version 4.0, which means an big step towards JS.
>
> > Have the Netsurf developers been made aware of the port to FreeMint ?
> > I am sure they would appreciate the feedback and the confidence in their
> > work.
>
> They know about it. Feedback for all the help / work with NetSurf is
> needed, but I plan to do that in an first native GEM port... in the about
> box or whatever.
>
> Greets,

In simple terms (if possible) how do you go about converting Netsurf
to GEM ?

Presumaby you want to do it so that future releases do not require too
much work or will it be a case of importing Netsurf changes into the
GEM version ?

Peter