Re: [MiNT] Announce of an early netsurf framebuffer alpha / polipo proxy rpm

Hi,

On Thursday 05 August 2010, m0n0 wrote:
> I think the hardest part will be the implementation of the website form
> controls like checkboxes, textboxes, lists (including their event
> handling).
> Maybe it's better to have an look how the windows/GTK versions
> implemented such stuff, in the framebuffer version all of these controls
> are implented as OS independet widgets...

Things in the www-page behave differently from native widgets, they can be
scaled, themed with CSS, JS can query their state, maybe even have layers
on top of them etc. I don't think it makes sense to try to implement them
with native widgets.  But maybe they can be themed to look closer to GEM
widgets?

Dialogs that JS pops up could be done with native widgets though.

	- Eero