Re: [MiNT] Announce of an early netsurf framebuffer alpha / polipo proxy rpm

Am Dienstag, den 03.08.2010, 10:48 +0200 schrieb Vincent Rivière
<vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:

> I have problems to type some characters. I use a French keyboard.tbl for

> ARAnyM, it works well on other MiNT software, but in NetSurf I can't
type
> most symbols, starting with the dot :-( Fortunately it works on the
numpad.
> Maybe the Shift key is not supported ?

Shift + Other keyboard layout than english are not supported by the
framebuffer version.
Anyway this version includes code for an on screen keyboard (If I got it
right), haven't found out how to use it...

I wanted to patch the framebuffer version to support different keytables,
but at that time there was some merging of framebuffer stuff and it sounded
like loadable keyboard support is not what is wanted.... so I did not
continue with that and I was in doubt if it makes sense to support the
framebuffer version, instead of an native GEM version. But I suppose to
have support for loadable keyboard tables within the framebuffer version
will be better than the static table...