Re: [MiNT] GEM frameworks (was: Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....)

From: "Miro Kropacek" <miro.kropacek@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 3:14 PM
To: <ole@monochrom.net>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] GEM frameworks (was: Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....)

CFlib seems to be a nice addition, only drawback is the german-only
documentation... :)
I know it's a common cliche to say that but the best reference is the
code itself -- sometimes even with the understanding of German text I
wasn't able to say if the function really returns what it should or
it's a bug. This is what I like on CFLib -- I find a bug, it's matter
of minutes to fix it because code is simple and well divided. I would
have no chance with WinDom, as it uses a lot of magic and new code,
it's not that simple GEM anymore. But it's of course much more feature
rich...

Yes, I also learnt CFlib by reading the code and studying the sample application. The concept is really simple. I later wrote my own library which works in a similar matter just to learn the details of the AES properly.

The advantage and problem (!) of CFlib is that it doesn't offer anything more than the AES. So it's easy to write software compatible with a wide selection of AES'es, but it also means no tabs, listboxes or proper editfields.

Jo Even