Re: [MiNT] Hoard alternative malloc

m0n0 wrote:
Am Freitag, den 11.06.2010, 00:54 +0200 schrieb Henk Robbers
<h.robbers@chello.nl>:

If you had not used copy/paste but in stead had written
1 funcion with 2 parameters (count, chunk) you wouldnt
have made mistakes and it wouldnt have taken me precious
time asking myself where the hell are the differences.

Ok, sorry for 1 error in 1 test. ;) But that doesn't mean that hoard isn't
much faster... as you can see by the tests ( the ones that really did
malloc the size that they should malloc...)

I have read a article about the Hoard a few years ago.
My conclusion then: A big improvement, but also a huge
amount of complexity needed to achieve this.

I might have a look in the libc (or mintlib) malloc to see
whether with a small increase of complexity a substantial
increase of performance can be achieved.

(I already wrote my own malloc for AHCC although not for the sake
of performance rather than for flexibility of usage).

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers. http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers