Re: [MiNT] Task manager

On Sat, 15 May 2010 17:59:47 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 15.05.2010, 16:45 Uhr, schrieb Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>:
> >
> > Is it even a legal GEM app if it does that !!
>
> Define "legal GEM app".

One that doesn't generate it's own non-standard dialogues.

> > But Insert in an edit field would normally change the cursor from
> > Insert to Overwrite, how would you handle that if Insert
> > represents a mouse click ?
>
> That's a good point. But these things are not realized yet anyway. Or do
> you have an example where insert switches to overwrite in a GEM-edit-field?

I can't think of one off-hand but that is the normal function of the
Insert key so why over-ride that function now and create a problem
downstream.

Sadly, a lot of apps are lacking in features like insert/override
and proper clipboard support.

> I would suggest for these seldom-used features esc-insert or similar.
>
> > But web browsers have forms that are not actually a GEM app.
> > so it does represent an app that the AES does not control in
> > the same way.
>
> Do you really intend to make GEM html-conform?

You missed the point. It is "normal" in html forms for
space to operate the focused button.