Re: [MiNT] LDG vs. SLB vs. custom OVL-thingies

2 feb 2010 kl. 16.05 skrev Miro Kropacek:
 So, are people using LDGs in favour of SLB? If this is the case, would it be beneficial to have support for this in the OS?
It's hard do say -- LDG seems to be preferred in France only ;), SLB is on the other hand really dead (last thing I saw as SLB was Draco's experimental GEMMA library). Personally, I'd go LDG way, if nothing else, you've got authors / developers here, in ML.

I think Didier use SLB in Aniplayer, actually. But why dead? What's bad with it?

And the LDG + memory protection issue - why is this?
I think this isn't issue anymore (fixed by my last patch), at least in non-kernel mode (without ldg.prg) but I wouldn't be surprised if this works well, too.

Sounds good :)

What bothers me is that in order for this stuff to be really useful, it should somehow be part of the core OS distribution. Otherwise it's just another system patch, or hack, needed by some rare applications.
Personally I'd like to turn some of my code into shared libraries, to avoid having to recompile and republish lots of stuff just because I fixed one of (many) bugs in personal libraries.
I guess an "official" line is too much to beg for here, because it's a matter of personal preference?

-- PeP