Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT

On 2/2/10 3:59 PM, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hi,

On Tuesday 02 February 2010, Mark Duckworth wrote:
One possibility would be to do the RPM builds in e.g. Aranym using
distcc which calls the cross-compiler on the host machine to do the
actual C/C++ compilation.
My initial tests show that this works fine too.  I just haven't had a
chance to finish it and prove that it works perfectly.  Plus my mac pro
at work is more than fast enough for my rpm building needs for now.
If you need to do frequent re-compiles and have the disk to spare, you could
use also ccache to speed up re-compiles, either at the host or Atari side.

It takes md5 hashes of pre-processed sources (and compiler flags I hope)
and if that matches hash for something it has already compiled and is still
in the cache (the size is configurable), it will return gcc a previously
compiled object file.  On host (distcc) side the md5 calculation is probably
a bit faster...

	- Eero

Under intense testing I found the ccache did some very bad things and introduced corruption. I didn't trace down the source. Not recommended at this time by me. ccache running on a host with distcc however may work just fine.

Thanks,
Mark