Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT

I am puzzled by this. I am not having a go Alan, I just have
no idea what this project is. Can you enlighten me ?

The gentoo website hints that it is just Linux, although like most
linux things it's as clear as mud http://www.gentoo.org/

Is Gentoo Mint just another distro ? Do we really need one ?
It sounds like it is just a tarball at the moment, what's
wrong with Easymint ?

I am not a fan of automated installers but RPM has worked well
for me, no major issues to report although some installs and
updates have been a bit awkward. I use a GEM-ish tool and
it doesn't always work and I have to resort to the cli.

The Sparemint website is looking a bit stale with no package
updates in years and years.

Peter