Re: [MiNT] mono

Am 02.02.2010, 22:05 Uhr, schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@helsinkinet.fi>:

I have seen *50x* speed increase in a thing that did graphics

You mean factor 50 = 5000%?

operarations
using multiple static function calls per pixel. Without optimization they
had function call overhead, with optimization they were optimized mostly
away.

That's not a normal case as I understand it, and it's surely not something for .net. You can only write in this way when you know the compiler will straighten the code. I'm not sure if I would do this. And (to become on-topic again) I see with a little headache that MiNT-code gets more and more gcc-4-specific. So it will become more difficult or impossible to use another compiler (like AHCC or whatever) someday.

--
Helmut Karlowski