Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/sys/sockets/inet4

On Fri, 2010-01-01 at 22:01 +0100, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
> Am 01.01.2010, 21:36 Uhr, schrieb Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>:
>
> > You should never give up in trying to get stuff in. If you are convinced
>
> Let's say I gave up doing it this way.

Then I wouldn't expect to commit things if you gave up as there's no
pressure.

> > it's the right approach then you should put your arguments across.
>
> That would meanwhile give lots of talking!

What's wrong with discussion ?

> > I guess for XaAES changes I've relied on other folk to cross check any
> > patches for review as I've really not looked at that code at all. I'd
>
> I think you're the only active person with write-access at that time.

Doesn't mean I'm qualified in all areas.

> > certainly rely on Frank or ping directly for review. But now Odd is
> > back, hopefully this can be rectified.
> >
> > Please re-send any patches to the list for Odd to review.
>
> Then there are the same problems as before:
>
> - new files
>
> - binary files
>
> - not a patch per issue (one big 200k-patch)
>
> - ?
>
> I don't really see any reason in sending this to the list.

This is half the problem. We've never seen your entire patch set to
comment on. So how can you give up when people haven't seen your entire
work ?

> So my idea was I'll zip the source (it's all in one directory), and mail
> it to him. He can diff to the cvs or whatever and ask me if there are
> problems.
>
> But if it's not possible that way, I'll have to try again the standard
> procedure.
>
> It's not been a very productive situation. When every patch needs weeks to
> be committed, or I don't know if it's accepted or recognized at all, I
> would have to wait if and when it happens, and would not be able to
> proceed.

You've not sent a lot of your work, so how can it be rejected if no one
has seen it. Either send it to Odd privately or this list in a zip
format. I really do not see a problem with sending binaries to the list.

> Did you see the deadkey-patch?

Yes, but only now as I'm sifting through my entire email over the
Christmas period which has been hectic, so I'll get to that over this
weekend.

Alan.