Re: [MiNT] Translation

From: <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:57 AM
Cc: <mint@fishpool.com>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Translation

I think I was using a tool that extracted all the text from
a RSC then it could be manually translated with GEMTrade and then
inserted back into the RSC.

RSCtrans?

It wasn't bad but it was slow and tedious.

An auto-rsc translation tool would have made things so much easier
and then I wondered if the AES could do it for you.

In Taskbar I do this. I have a small library that is able to translate the RSC (or any string for that matter) automatically. So in order to support various langauges, I only have a text-file per language with the translations. It could just as well be a standard dictionary. However, this works fine only because I'm in control of the application and is able to adjust the RSC to suit the various languages. Having this done automatically on innocent apps could cause all sorts of problems. If it was possible to [en|dis]able this per application it could be very useful.

Jo Even

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4674 (20091209) __________

http://www.eset.com