Re: [MiNT] Stuck keys

Miro Kropacek wrote:

    Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

        Mark Duckworth skreiv:

            I missed the beginning of this but I have a problem with
            sticking keys.  It's usually the "n" key.  And usually
            into airc or toswin2 window.  There's no escaping it other
            than to reboot from what I found.

        Do you have an Eiffel?

        Jo Even

    Yes

Maybe I can add my two cents -- some time ago I was experiencing exactly the same problems, i.e. stucked key if I hold it too long and yes, I was using eiffel. My "test case" was to hold up/down arrow in Qed, I couldn't stop it then. Interesting note is I didn't experience such problems all the time, it began to appear after upgrade of firmware (from 1.0.4)... as soon as I replaced firmware again with 1.0.4, the problem was gone. Recently I've got new eiffel (that Alan's batch, 1.0.11 IIRC) and this problem is not present here.
Actually with one of my Eiffels' from Alan's batch (the other is canbus so not really relevant here) I am having it behave as though a control or alt key is stuck when it really isn't. It makes it so in jinnee the context menu always comes up on a left click and some other strange quirks. What is strange about this is that it doesn't seem to happen with my old eiffel and it doesn't show up on the eiffel lcd keycode display. I'm not sure what to make of it yet.

Thanks,
Mark