Re: [MiNT] the kernel

Quoting Standa Opichal <opichals@seznam.cz>:

Hi!

On Dec 4, 2008, at 1:59 PM, Zorro wrote:

http://www.netsurf-browser.org/

http://www.netsurf-browser.org/documentation/info#JavaScript

PS: There is also another solution: OWB( http://strohmayer.org/owb/) but I never used it.

Hmm, this one has javascript and svg support already, using cairo, WebCore/JSCore (WebKit)

Sounds like the FreeMiNT kernel is the thing that needs to be worked on first, to get anything that the rest of the world would help maintaining... pthread* necessary support, mmap* required
changes.

Suddenly this becomes no off-topic :)

Standa

This is the ongoing problem. Highwire uses a KISS principle while
enhancing FreeMint would allow us to port more applications.

The latter is the better option IMO but does limit who can help.

Could we draw up a roadmap of features to add to FreeMint and determine
a sensible, practical order to approach them in ? No doubt there are
dependencies that I have no idea about. Things like other libraries and
compiler targets.

Are there any easy wins, things that can be added relatively easily now
that will make life easier ?

Peter