Re: [MiNT] OT Highwire

Quoting Miro Kropacek <miro.kropacek@gmail.com>:

I've not heard of any of this stuff so I can't really comment.
Is Webkit a browser or an IDE ?

Webkit is rendering engine, hearth of every browser.

So can this engine be built using GCC and other FreeMint tools or
do we have to port other things first ?

I looked into chrome sources, it isn't such easy task, source code of every
component (webkit included) is about 1 GB big but probably a lot of stuff is
unused since executable of chrome portable is about 1 MB big + about 20 MB
support libraries (chrome.dll, locale & friends). I'd wait at least for
linux version since now it's complete visual studio based project(s) and
makes porting harder.

Is it worth starting with porting one of the smaller, simpler WebKit
applications (there are lots on the website) before starting on a browser ?

Peter