Re: [MiNT] mintlib release

Hello!

1) gets() patch for TOS

Ok, commited.

2) Line A register preservation: some problems appeared with GCC 4 and the frame pointer, we should check that everything is OK (there is a compilation problem on libc_g.a, if I remember)

3) GCC 4 warnings. It would be nice, however not mandatory, to fix the MiNTLib warnings while compiling it with GCC 4.

I think 2 and 3 are not so critical at the moment. They can also be integrated in a 0.58.1.

4) GCC 4.3.0 compatibility. There has been some changes in the include directories in GCC 4.3.0, so the MiNTLib doesn't compile out of the box. I didn't look at it closely, but I think it is very easy to fix.

The same apply here too I think. If all patches are done I can easily make a new release.

5) Initial stack problems. There has been some changes about the "initial stack", without a real comprehension about what exactly happened... I thing this is very dangerous, and probably the most important issue in the current MiNTLib...

That's very important. What's the current state of the stack problematic? E.g. I don't looked closely on the initial problem. It's better to go back to the previosu stack behaviour (only revert crt0.s or are other files affected too)?

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060