Re: [MiNT] obsolete aout binutils?

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 17:00 -0600, evan@coolrunningconcepts.com wrote:
> I dunno about uclibc.  Its designed to be smaller than glibc.  We don't use
> glibc, but mintlib.  I'm not sure if there would be benefits to using uclibc
> instead of mintlib as far as size or speed, although the compatibility is
> likely better than mintlib.
>
> I also had a desire to port busybox and was getting pretty far .. until it
> wanted mmap() as part of the rpm handler.   Hmm .. here is a question for you.
> Does uclibc have an mmap() implementation?  Or does it fall through to the
> kernel?   How do uClinux systems that don't have an MMU handle mmap()?

I thought mainly in terms of jacking necessary headers and code to
continue the porting storm.  As far as your last question is concerned -
I do not know, but I'd assume it's possible but slow without an MMU? I
don't know much about the function of mmap versus what the MMU allows
for.  I'm pretty sure ARM/XScale has an MMU but no FPU (which is
annoying to a certain extent :-/ ).

Thanks,
Mark