Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Evan Langlois wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 20:28 +0200, YesCREW wrote:
> >    Imho all the fuzz is funny. XaAES is and can introduce new things. Thats
> > good! There are other AESes, other OSes and things called boot selectors ;)
> > So i really dont understand all the fuss. Thats dumb user view here. Apreciate
> > new stuff happening, altough im still on N.AES personaly....
>
> I refuse to use a system that expects me to reboot and choose a
> different OS to run a different application.  That simply isn't
> something that a well designed system does.
>
> If 1 AES, and 1 OS could run ALL your applications and you didn't need a
> bootselector, then that would be the proper goal right?  So why haven't
> you switched to XaAES yet?

   I use apps which sometimes require me to boot in TOS. And world will
not fall apart because of that. Using N.AEs is personal preference,
because it allows some things XaAES don't (yet) like resolution change
(well easier as with XaAES) etc. I also run older kernel, since i love
virtual consoles... But again: N.AES (or for some XaAES) runs 95% of apps
i daily use, for rest, i switch to TOS without any problem, its easy with
boot selectors. About all in one OS: its virtualy impossible, especialy if
u add different hardware (TT, Falcon, compatibles, emulators). Check PC
platform (windows, dos, linux) or just diferent flavors of MAC OS: no one
has come even close to MINT (naes/xaaes), Magic, TOS ... compatibility..

Again: From N.AES i need to switch to TOS, same as i would from XaAES.
N.AES has  some more mature options, an app i like a lot dont run under
XaAES so i still run N.AES. I do not expect that XaAES will run ALL apps,
as Magic dont run ALL apps and TOS dont run them and N.AES dont run them.
And there is NO way XaAES will ever run ALL apps. So, what is the fuss?

  Janez

P.S: im tolerant user. I wont make a big fuss, if some coder will not
implement even the smallest of my wishes...