Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 20:28 +0200, YesCREW wrote:

>    Imho all the fuzz is funny. XaAES is and can introduce new things. Thats
> good! There are other AESes, other OSes and things called boot selectors ;)
> So i really dont understand all the fuss. Thats dumb user view here. Apreciate
> new stuff happening, altough im still on N.AES personaly....

I'm still on N.AES too, but once upon a time I was on Magx.  Back before
the CT60 days.  I was looking for that one real reason to switch to the
slower system (yes it's been shown that MagiC's hacks make it faster in
many respects so hush), but with my puny 14MB of ram there was very
little I could do.  And the speed was awful.  But with the CT60, MiNT +
N.Aes is CLEARLY the better choice - absolutely NO QUESTION.

So we're at this situation again.  XaAES is CLEARLY becoming the better
choice and in time will be.  That's all it will take for it to be my
AES.  The most support - the evolving platform where things are
different every few weeks or months to keep my Falcon interesting.

So there's other AES's and other OS's out there for Atari but I think
MiNT/XaAES and fVDI or oVDI??? should be STANDARD and all others should
model from it and attempt to be compatible with a well defined community
driven API.

You know if shit like that happened it might actually kick MagiC or NVDI
or whatever developers back into action.  Once those devs see they can
get their hand in the $$ pie maybe ;-)

Thanks,
Mark