[MiNT] FATAL tcp_sndseg error in inet4.xdd

Hi,

I am currently working on getting Bittorrent running under Python. Everything's ok until it really starts chucking data around, and then the machine locks, and i have this on /dev/console:

FATAL (Python):   tcp_sndseg: seg: (xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx) outside wnd
(xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx)

where the x's represent a very large number. I found that this is in tcpout.c and the error is set to FATAL. I changed the code so that it was only DEBUG, and I recompiled.

What happens now is that the python script eventually stops with a new error:

ERROR:
[21:53:58] IO Error [Errno 35] Too many open files:
yyy.zzz      (where yyy.zzz is the file that it was saving).

Anyone know whats causing this? Are the two related? I feel that its something to do with file descriptors, maybe the tcp code isnt releasing them before new ones are opened, causing a lack of fd's?

This happens with both freemint 1-16-1 release and freemint 1-16-3a cvs build. Machine is TT030, 4MB/48MB + PAMs Ethernet VME.

regards,
Jan.