Re: [MiNT] FATAL tcp_sndseg error in inet4.xdd

on 7/8/2005 8:24 AM, jan.thomas@bt.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on getting Bittorrent running under Python.
> Everything's ok until it really starts chucking data around, and then the
> machine locks, and i have this on /dev/console:
>
> FATAL (Python):   tcp_sndseg: seg: (xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx) outside wnd
> (xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx)
>
> where the x's represent a very large number. I found that this is in tcpout.c
> and the error is set to FATAL. I changed the code so that it was only DEBUG,
> and I recompiled.
>
> What happens now is that the python script eventually stops with a new error:
>
> ERROR:
> [21:53:58] IO Error [Errno 35] Too many open files: yyy.zzz      (where
> yyy.zzz is the file that it was saving).
>
> Anyone know whats causing this? Are the two related? I feel that its something
> to do with file descriptors, maybe the tcp code isnt releasing them before new
> ones are opened, causing a lack of fd's?
>
> This happens with both freemint 1-16-1 release and freemint 1-16-3a cvs build.
> Machine is TT030, 4MB/48MB + PAMs Ethernet VME.

I had someone report this error message when running my VNC program:

pid 50 (AESSYS): tcp_sndseg: seg (1116900975 1116900981) outside wnd ()
FATAL ERROR. You must reboot the system.

Cannot duplicate it on my setup and VNC runs for hours fine.
I wish I could help, but I am lost where to look.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/