[MiNT] Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

Hi Zorro!

> Hi killer :)
 ;-)

> SHM ? MagiC 6.2 doesn't provide the SHM?

Oh yes, it does. But again not in the way MiNT does. So I had to make
a special fior MagiC again. Don't remember exactly what it was, but
MagiC doesnt behave correctly.

On top of that:
How do u make sure, that two processes don't use the Shared Memory at
the same time, thus risking an inconsistency? I thought, Psemaphore is
for that, but that one sent MagiC to hell :-(

> MagiCNet?

Well, yes, but thats really really not the same, is it? But ok...

>>- safe and clean resource handling
> Nothing to do with the final user.

Oh yes! The end user will sometimes kick an application, won't he? But
if, at the same time, he kicks his OS, he will not be happy.

> 2 goods points for you.

Finally :-)

> No because you don't understand me.

Oh, I do understand you very well! I also dont want a MagiC vs. MiNT
comparison. But I think already now MiNT has so many more features
than MagiC that there is actually no reason to use it anymore!

But you are right:
There has to be a big killer feature! I know how hard it is to get
users away from what they have! And ppl really dont always use what's
actually better...

> 1) Easy and updated installation's system ( for example like in NAES 2).

a) EasyMiNT has made life A LOT easier and u end up with a great
system with everything u can ask for
b) latest MiNT release was pretty easy to install:
   copy it to ur harddrive
   be done

But I agree, it could be even simpler and prettier!

> 2) A GUI to configure various system preferences like the network, the
> AES parameters, etc..
> The MagiC users hate the terminal.

True, but this is not a kernel feature, is it? It's just, that someone
needs to write something like that...

> 3) A good desktop...

Use Jinnee. Or Thing.
And yes, we need a new desktop. There is no decent one around!

> 4) Virtual memory support.
> 5) A better memory protection.
> 6) A VDI as kernel modul with memory protection support. ( what about oVDI?)
> 7) Unix shareable libraries.
> 8) Better threads support and the possibility to use libc functions inside.
> 9) All the old know bugs corrected ( like the one with the Aranym
> network driver).

Yes, some good points, indeed! But I think even before we have that,
people could just leave MagiC behind.

Only one thing is troublesome:
MagiC-PC is stillthe fastest and easiest to use emulator! It simply
works and its damn fast like no emu I have seen.
I'd love to see an emulator that is just as good as MPC, but running
MiNT!!!

> When we will have that( even the half), MagiC will be completly dead
> because there will be no longer any reason to use it.

Ok, I fully agree on that one! But I think, that already now there is
no reason at all to use MagiC! I hope, XaAES grows a bit further, and
then finally kick MagiC's ass...

Cheers, Ingo =;->