Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

What does SGI say to their customers running at irix 6.2 when all apps are for 6.5?
What does microsoft say to their customers running windows 95?
What does apple say to people running macos 7.x?
What does IBM say to their customer running websphere 3.5?

They have paying customers, they have multimillion dollars contracts, yet the customer is told to upgrade.

If your "customer" is that inclined to use your application, he'll have no problem upgrading to a better OS/AES.  Or if it bothers you that much and if your customers are really not keen on changing their OS, just provide them a version only for their OS. but then, why do you even create updates for your application? Just let them use your beta version from years ago. After all they don't need to update anything.

//sarcarstic remarks in this post, you to figure out where.

Zorro <zorro270@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hi,

>Hopefully, the fact that XaAES is integrated with MiNT and is now one of
>the fastest and most stable AES systems, will encourage application
>developers and library developers to write to XaAES as a standard, and
>we can start dropping support for old bugs and 3rd party features and
>kinda lean out the application code and standardize the API a bit.

And What do I say at the 50% of Atarian under MagiC and at the
MyAES/NAES users if my softwares don't work anymore under their OS?
"Install MiNT/Xaaes even if you like and use MagiC/MyAES/NAES or don't
use my app"?

Ciao,
Zorro