Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

Quoting Martin Elsässer <Martin_Elsaesser@ll.maus.de>:
This is the view of the OS developer: here is a new feature, use it! But an
application developer wants, tha as much people can use the software as
possible. And the number of MagiC/MagiCMac/MagiCPC, N.AES and SingleTOS
users is a part that no developer can IMO ignore!

So, are you suggesting we just not add anything new to the AES?   That isn't
acceptable.   Providing emulation of every new AES feature within the program
is just silly - its faster and less code to just not have the new features in
the first place if you are going to provide equivalent emulation code anyway!

I want to use MiNT and XaAES on my Apple PowerBook (G3, 33 MHz), but with
MacOS X and ARAnyM all is very, very slow. So I use MacOS 8.6 and MagiCMac

There are lots of parameters that can be tuned, and they make it faster all the
time.

6.2, and all is very fast. But now I can't use any new features XaAES has.

The people that have the problem will be responsible for adding the new features
to their OS of choice.

The other possibility is perhaps compiling parts of MiNT for PPC native code and using the NatFeat capability of aranym to run those parts natively. If my guess
is right, MagicMac is so much faster because there is a PPC native version
right?

Yes, I could buy a new laptop, but I don't have the money at the moment -
our house must be paid, I have a family, and so on. So I must live with
MagiCMac 6.2 and work with it. And how many users are there with emulators

I'm broke too.  However, thats no reason to not improve the system.

-- Evan