[MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

Hallo Petr,

>> Does the JIT make that much difference I wonder.
>
>it speeds up the CPU ten times (10x) on average.

I started Speedometer under MagiCMacX: factor 2100% faster than a ST with
TOS 1.04. With MagiCMac 6.2 the same program showed a factor of about
12000% faster. That would be a factor of about 6 which MagiCMacX is slower
than MagiCMac 6.2. As a second measure I used Kronos. On magiCMac 6.2 (with
MacOS 8.6) I got about 138% CPU speed of a PowerMac 8600 with MagiCMac 2.2.
Under MagiCMacX (with MacOS X 10.3.9) I got about 9,8% of the speed of the
PowerMac 8600 woth MagiCMac 2.2. So MagiCMac 6.2 would be about 12 times
faster than MagiCMacX. But I know, that the result of such tests must used
with care, but it's nice to see the effect of changing the MacOS and
MagiCMac-Version with this results. ;-)

Gruß

     Martin    [PGP-Key available]
---