Re: [MiNT] Re[3]: usage of wind_calc()

ons, 13,.07.2005 kl. 22.22 +0200, skrev Maurits van de Kamp:
> > Scratching off 50% of all possible users by not supporting MagiC in your
> > application is something you'd try to avoid.
>
> 50% of Atari users are going to stick to a dead operating system like MagiC as
> long as no one dares to create/use any new OS features, but this would make
> any development in MiNT or XaAES essentially useless (apart from bugfixes).

 Keep in mind that, hmm.. lets say 30-40% of the MagiC users use
hardware on which FreeMiNT/XaAES wont run anyway because the hardware
they use dont have enough resources. So, should we stop using this as an
argument or should we go back to 1993 and multitos?

> However, don't forget this "50% of atari users" amounts to a rapidly
> decreasing absolute number, since for lack of any progress 99% of original
> Magic OR MiNT users have abandoned the Atari as a usable system totally by
> now. This has been promoted for years by the fear of making anything new.
>
> Let's be real about two things: 1 Someone who uses an OS that hasn't been
> developed for what, 7 years? is not going to be worried about the fact that
> the 2005 version of some application (if he ever expects there to BE one)
> won't run on his system and if he is, it's a nice wakeup call. And 2, someone
> who writes Atari software now is not doing it to reach a large number of
> users, surely?

 Two very good points.

Best Regards
Odd Skancke