Re: [MiNT] [XAAES] Does not generate MU_TIMER events when asked

tor, 07,.07.2005 kl. 17.35 +0200, skrev Patrice Mandin:
> Le Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:25:16 +0200
> Odd Skancke <ozk@atari.org> a écrit:
>
> > > This is fixed on my side, I was using MU_M1 and MU_M2 at the same
> > > time, preventing any MU_TIMER from triggering.
> >
> >  Yes .. but now it is triggering because of the change...
>
> And this is what I was expecting: triggering MU_TIMER after a specified
> delay timed out, which is its purpose.

 Well, yes, but this is not the truth. You tell evnt_multi() you want
10ms delay. If some other event happened before this timeout triggered,
XaAES would reset the timeout to a full new 10ms. And you used M1/M2 in
such a way that evnt_multi() always returned, either when mouse was in
M1 or when in M2. So, the timer never triggered.

 Under 'other AES', the 10ms delay is not reset, so even when you tell
evnt_multi() you wanted 10ms, you would get what remains of the FIRST
MU_TIMER you set. So, if each evnt_multi() in this case took 1ms, you
would get a MU_TIMER each 10th evnt_multi(), even tho this is not
logical since you do tell it to wait 10ms. So what is the logical
purpose of MU_TIMER?

 However, XaAES is now changed to the 'other AES' method for
compatibility.

 Best Regards
Odd Skancke