Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib and FreeMiNT

Hello!

Further I had to change for some tools who missed the constant PATH_MAX the include file from <limits.h> to <dirent.h>.
After this change: no compile errors.

I wonder how this affect as PATH_MAX is defined in MiNTLib in limits.h.

But: Is it normal that GCC spits out sooooo much warnings? Or is this perhaps a compiler version problem?

Maybe, you know the system compiler we use is 2.95.3 (and this version don't report warnings (except one or two)).

I know a little on how to use CVS. But have no idea which commandline to use with diff.

cvs diff -u [file [file] ... ]

I'd like to contribute more to freemint, but need a little more introduction in CVS usage with your server. I.e. how logs are generated. Do you commit each file separatly and add a correct description? How do you work to remember all the changes you did to different files? Do you compare with previous release before you commit?

- ChangeLog is generated automatically from history every day

- every commit schould be commented with a useful, short sentence
  (see the ChangeLog how we handle it at the moment; break lines after 75
   chars)

- it's best to group relating changes into one commit; it's not necessary
  and recommended to commit every file individual. For a
  bugfix/modification select the relating files and commit this at once
  with a useful comment

- you don't need to remember changes, cvs will do this for you:
  with cvs update you get all changes from the server and you
  also see your locally modified files; with cvs diff you can compare
  and look through your changes against the server version

- if you are new it's good to play a little bit with update, diff. These
  cvs commands are very powerful (you can update to an older version,
  you can compare against an older version, you can compare two old
  versions, you can inspect the logmessages and so on).

Just take a look on the cvs homepage. There is very good online html help available that explain the cvs commands and options very detailed.

http://www.cvshome.org/

Regards,
Frank

--