Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib and FreeMiNT

Hi again,

compiler.h is a better choice for such macros. The macro should also be prefixed with '__' as it's a system internal macro.

OK, I'll adapt it.

At the moment I'm stuck with compiling FreeMiNT from CVS. What does this error mean:

Looks like a typo. I'll check this.

I think, I found the problem. I replaced "ulong long *p" by "ullong *p" for 64 bit long long. I don't know if this was the intention of the author. But after this change, the file compiled nicely. (=file was ext2fs/bitmap.h)

Further I had to change for some tools who missed the constant PATH_MAX the include file from <limits.h> to <dirent.h>.
After this change: no compile errors.

But: Is it normal that GCC spits out sooooo much warnings? Or is this perhaps a compiler version problem? I finally completed freemint compilation. I'll install and try it tomorrow.

PS: When I got everything GCC 3.3 compatible, how can I commit these changes?

You can send me the diff or, if you want to contribute and work on more things, you can get a cvs write account and commit directly into the repository.

I know a little on how to use CVS. But have no idea which commandline to use with diff. I'd like to contribute more to freemint, but need a little more introduction in CVS usage with your server. I.e. how logs are generated. Do you commit each file separatly and add a correct description? How do you work to remember all the changes you did to different files? Do you compare with previous release before you commit?

cu
Philipp