Re: [MiNT] nfs

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:16:58 , Petr Stehlik <joy@sophics.cz> wrote:

> V Po, 28. 06. 2004 v 20:59, Jo Even Skarstein p¡¹e:
> > > I'll suggest you install EasyMiNT from scratch :-)
> >
> > Sounds like a winter project to me! ;-)
>
> This is actually a serious moment and I'd suggest you guys to pay good
> attention to it. As Frank might have noticed from messages posted here
> in last days most guys have to run with MP disabled otherwise they can't
> even boot their standard easymint setups. If some guys run the same
> easymint setup reliable with MP turned on and other guys cannot even
> boot it then it's important to find the problem (whatever it is) and fix
> it since there is a good chance it would help many people at once (if
> they all are suffering from the same problem which is likely since the
> setups are almost identical thanks to easymint/sparemint).
>
> So instead of reinstalling from scratch try to add or remove things one
> by one until it works. Or document the current status (create an image
> of the boot partition?) so that it's possible to get back to non-working
> setup if the reinstall helped, in order to pinpoint the real problem.

I couldn't remember exactly where my Milan failed to boot
with mp so I have just tried renaming 1.15.12 to mint.prg
and rebooting.

Everything seems to go ok up until Things starts opening
it's desktop windows. The first one opened ok but the
next one didn't list it's files and then Thing locks up.

The caps lock light shows that not everything has died
but nothing else works.

This may not all be the fault of mint's memory protection.

I am not altogether clear what the benefits of using mp are.

Regards,

Peter