Re: [MiNT] Misc. CT2b Problems

> > The machine gets warm.....
> > Then that exact same MiNT setup boots and runs fine.
> > But then as the machine gets 'warmer', it's anybody's guess what'll happen
if a
> > reboot is needed.
> >
> > Strange strange strange that it'll boot on a warm machine but pitch fits and
> > lock up when freshly turned on.
>
> If the problems are dependant on the temperature of your hardware, you
> have a hardware problem. Is it possible to switch the CT2 to run the bus
> at 16MHz instead of 25? If so, try that. It sounds like you have a bus/timing
> problem, I did a lot of tuning and hacking to my own Falcon/Afterburner
> a few years ago and experienced a *lot* of strange, subtle problems until
> I got everything right.

I don't doubt something is wrong hardware wise....
I'm pretty clueless about how to track it down.
What I find interesting, and strange, is that MiNT is the environment it chokes
in, and primarily at boot-up.
MagiC, Geneva, or built in TOS don't appear to suffer....and they do things a
heck of alot faster too, in ways that one would think tax the bus even more than
MiNT's methods.  I.E. ethernet over ROM or SCSI, or moving a pile of files
around on disk.

Maybe MiNT is relying on some timers that are bad, or have bad connections?  If
I can get my hands on a spare, I'll seed the thing to CenTek for a good
tuneup...I suspect a problem maybe in the Falcon itself rather than the
CT2b...I.E. the audio inputs have never worked, and can only get one channel
input over the FDI.

The error messages I get most are:
Bus Error $02
Address Error $03
Line F emulation $?? (forget the number now)
Illegal CoProcessor instruction

Brian