Re: [MiNT] Cross-compiler

Well, if you use gcc-3.3.3 and the associated patch, the autoconf step is
not necessary, I have done it, and included it in the final patch.

OK, I skipped this part but now I'm stuck while compiling gcc for MiNT.
I tried once with a self compiled gcc 3.3 for the host (like it's descriped in the step-by-step guide) and once with apples version of gcc.

1) Error while "make bootstrap" for mint using self compiled GCC:
gcc -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -o gengenrtl \
 gengenrtl.o ../libiberty/libiberty.a
/usr/bin/ld: gengenrtl.o bad magic number (not a Mach-O file)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [gengenrtl] Error 1
make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2

=> The linker (it seems as if the compilation process takes apples linker in /usr/bin/ld) can't use the object file, as it's not a Mach object file.

2) Error while "make bootstrap" for mint using apples GCC:
stage1/xgcc -Bstage1/ -B/Users/philipp/cross-tools/m68k-atari-mint/bin/ -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wtraditional -pedantic -Wno-long-long -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DGENERATOR_FILE -o gengenrtl \
 gengenrtl.o ../libiberty/libiberty.a
../libiberty/libiberty.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index; run ranlib to add one
make[2]: *** [gengenrtl] Error 1
make[1]: *** [stage2_build] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Any Idea?

Do I have to use a self compiled binutils package for my host (apple/darwin)?

Philipp