Re: [MiNT] Shutdown() discussion

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> V Pá, 12. 12. 2003 v 18:18, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz pí¹e:

 >>SNIP<<

> Please note that I personally am unhappy with the current state of
> console support in fVDI and I am not saying that fVDI is correct - I am
> just explaining what happens inside.
>
> Perhaps the oVDI will surprise us with complete VT52 implementation? :)

 Oh yes, it is ;-) Console will have its separate driver API, so that
drivers may use textmode when gfxcard driver support it. Then calling
v_enter_cur() will enter textmode, and v_exit_cur() will go back to gfx
mode. Not sure about the correctness of this yet, tho. This is also why I
added v_[enter,leave]_cur() calls to XaAES at correct places. Finally I
can switch AES's as many times I want under Memory Protection without
problems ;-))

 However, LineA calls are not implemented as of yet.  That is, Line A
handler is implemented, and 0xa000 call returns correct info. The rest of
the functions are just RTE's. And most of the stuff I've tried work fine
without LineA, which means that most stuff I have tested actually does not
use LineA much.

--
 Regards,

 Odd Skancke - ozk.atari.org - http://assemsoft.atari.org